Popular Posts

Friday, April 29, 2011

My New Book: "Write Soon. Love, Fran"

I have a new book coming out in the next few weeks called "Write Soon. Love, Fran: Letters Home from a Korean War WAC."  When my mother-in-law, Frances M. Wissner (f/k/a Frances M. Bushey) joined the Women's Army Corps (WACs) in April, 1949, she wrote letters to her mother almost every day until the time she was discharged in September, 1951.  Her mother had the foresight to save all these letters and in 2009, my mother-in-law showed them to me and I compiled them into a book together with an introduction and final thoughts.  It's a GREAT book and should be a part of everyone's library, especially those who are history buffs.   I will keep everyone updated as to when it can be purchased and where.  I hope you will enjoy reading her story.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    Your blog is one GREAT blog. Fantastic.

    Bill Parsons

    ReplyDelete